Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

30 day Blog Journal - Day 18

Today's topic is - my wedding.

My wedding was not a huge affair. Our original Date was selected for June 19th, 1999. After having a preemie at the end of 1998, and my husband changing jobs that would result in us getting insurance, you hastily moved the date to the Friday before, February 12, 1999.

We don't have many pictures of the event, as we did things very simply and last minute. In fact, I only told my dad about the nuptials 7 hours before we were to wed! Any young ladies reading this, I HIGHLY suggest you give your father more notice then that! (a few months, preferably!) And what photos i do have are currently in storage and needing to be scanned into the computer.

Given though what my husband and I have endured, the obstacles set before us, I don't think anyone (even ourselves) imagined that at 11 years and counting, we were still be here, together and strong. We've had ups and downs, I think ever marriage does. But, we were 20-somethings, with a child, and little else when we married. Surely accord to statistics we should be divorced by now, maybe even divorced from a 2nd marriage!

But here we are, and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment