Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

W.I.P Wednesday - June 9th

I apologize for the lack of photos this week - the last few days have been overcast and rainy - meh.




It's June (yeah, it was last week too, I know), but we are heading into the home stretch of the only other time of year I craft as much in a short time as I do for the winter holidays...

Here they are, couldn't stay still long enough for mom to snap a pic! Taken Mother's day weekend

The "babies" birthdays!

My 2 youngest have very close birth dates, only 5 days difference! So it always seems like a mad dash to get myself out of the winter funk (I nose dive after the holiday madness. I don't craft for a good 3 months!!), and before the lure of summer activities limits craft to 5 minute chucks every other day, if I'm lucky.

The youngest of my two daughters, who's turning 7, is so easy to find things to make for. For her, her doll, for play, just cause it exists... while on the other hand, finding anything for my son (who is turning 4), has been slightly more challenging.

So, "baby" girl is getting a new outfit for her doll. I've shared the sweater with you, but dress and felt shoes are in the works as well. Her doll is 2 1/2 yrs old, and has never had any foot coverings! She'll be excited about this.

Now, my baby boy (he's the youngest - I can still call him baby, right? Shoot, my 80+ yr old grandmother called my dad her baby into his 50s!), totally clueless here. If I had woodworking tools and supplies - no problem. But since we're don't have those here with us, in our already cramped quarters, well... I'm stuck! But the plan is to try make something homemade for their birthday gift, and something store bought to give during their party at the end of the month. (got that covered - THANKS MARGARET!!) Too bad the boy's birthday is in 6 days, I still have over a week for the doll stuff!

Let's not forget getting 2 frozen butter cream transfer images done too sometime before the party - YIKES! In that case, I have the boy cake all sorted out what to do, it's the girl cake I'm clueless on! Figures...

Happy crafting - whatever it is you are working on today! And if you want more inspiration, hope over to Musings From the Fishbowl for a list of other WIPsters blog to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment