Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Menu Planning Monday - April 9th



Menu planning will be vital this week, with the kids being home from school from spring break. As such, I've made a list of lunch ideas I am going to share below our dinner menu plan for the week. My kids love sandwiches, so most of our lunch ideas will be sandwiches.

Thankfully, my trio slept in rather then waking up me rudely on their first day of spring break. Obviously I'm already in heaven and hoping the rest of spring break runs as smoothly (though the girls arguing in the kitchen gives me serious doubts).

Also, some dinners are a carry over form last week, when various snafus turned planned dinners into simple sandwich nights, or even an evening at my in-laws for Easter dinner on Saturday. No complaints here - means less to shop for this week!

Monday: Chicken and rice, green beans
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner (ham and cheese omelets, waffles, fruit, yogurt)
Wednesday: Pizza, salad, and cinnamon bread sticks
Thursday: Pasta night - plain pasta, marinara sauce
Friday: "Fast Food" Friday (made at home) - chicken strips, burgers, fries
Saturday: fend-for-yourself night
Sunday: Baked ziti, salad


Lunch Ideas
Sandwiches:
Ham Salad
Tuna salad
Egg salad
Peanut butter and Jelly
Homemade hot pockets
Macaroni and cheese
Leftovers
Soup
"sides": grapes, apples, orange segments, raisins, carrots, celery, yogurt

As always, make sure you check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for my menu planning ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment