Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Menu Planning Monday - January 21st




I'm a very happy football watching fiend right now as - THE RAVENS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Ok, now that THAT is out of my system for a moment, back to the topic at hand, menu planning!

Crazy week with all the activities as usual, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts (den and pack meeting back-to-back), bell choir, 2 nights of work... oh and we're in the midst of Girl Scout cookie season now, so it's even crazier then usual! Thank goodness for menu planning, even if I swap around what night gets what meal, at least I know i have items on hand for meals during the week!

Without further delay...

Monday - Pasta night
Tuesday - "Fend For Yourself" night (which lately seems to be synonyms with microwave meals)
Wednesday - Turkey soup with fresh rolls (i can buy just turkey legs/thighs, very helpful!)
Thursday - Chicken and rice bake
Friday - Homemade "fast food" night ("chicken strips" and french fries)
Saturday - Pizza night
Sunday - Baked Ziti

Make sure you hop over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning ideas and links!

2 comments:

  1. MPM definitely keeps me on track. I just need to work on getting it posted by Monday!
    Is it Girl Scout cookie sales season? I love the shortbreads.
    Your menu plan looks delicious.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      Yes, it's cookie season where we live (Finger Lakes region of NY. West of central NY area, but not in actually Western NY because they did sales in the fall!). Winter sales definitely make cookie booth sales interesting!
      I just realized that i never really note side dishes in my menu, but most meals include either salad, broccoli (kids love it) or just random cut veggies for munching while i cook.

      Delete