Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 3



The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week:

I've been REALLY overwhelmed the last couple of weeks, so I took a blogging break. It was nice, and I've missed it, so I'm back again!
and RAIN! It just doesn't seem to end. It's exhausting, in the least. Add on top, we were car-less for a few days, so it was a very muted week.

In our homeschool this week:

Still doing a very unschooling schedule around here. I am not sure I like it all that much, though I am sure my daughter does. There was learning (and benchmark math test for curriculum I'm considering in the fall), most of it was discussions of stuff i knew, in particular local historical sites and the significance in American history.

Places we're going and people we're seeing:

We did make it to the science museum 3 weeks ago, and really haven't gotten out and about since, except for church, band and errands/groceries. Hoping to fit in a zoo visit in the next couple of weeks (my PS kids have 6/10 off, and we're the only local school district that closed that day, might be perfect day to hit without a crowd). Elizabeth had a Girl Scouts overnight this weekend (no encampment this year), and Andrew is signed up for summer soccer (finally old enough!)

My favorite thing this week:

THE SUN! Ok, I know I talked about the rain above (like 30 days of rain out of the last 40 days), but the sun has been out the last 2 days, to the point I now am sunburnt from mowing yesterday!

A photo, video, link or quote to share...

Andrew, singing to Karaoke Revolution: Glee. He was pretty rockin'!!

Happy Homeschooling!!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel... as we have had rain for the last two weeks! We need the sun back very badly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! WE finally had sun again at the end of the week and it felt so good!! I've had enough rain for a while! I hope you have a good week! Stopping by from THMJ.

    ReplyDelete