Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 4

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In My Life This Week:

Not much happened this past week. Just plugging along with everything. I have an interview this upcoming Saturday for a position I was too "chicken" to apply for last year. As luck would have it, I have the rare opportunity again this year.

In Our Homeschool This Week:

We're done with a lot of the "formal" stuff we are doing for the year, and focusing on a lot of interest-lead topics now. Current interest, building bikes from parts.
I'm doing a lot of looking into for items in the fall, if we continue to homeschool. We are also looking into a private Christian school she wants to attend (where she also takes flute lessons and plays in their band already). Even if we homeschool, we may consider taking individual classes from there, if we choose. It really is a nice option to have.

My Favorite Thing This Week Was:

Getting a piano from freecycle! Sure, it's FAR from perfect, but it's perfect for the kids to bang on and we're considering lessons for them. We're all pretty excited about the piano.
The weather! Sure, we're had a couple of good storms this week, but it hasn't been the CONSTANT rain that Western NY has had for the last 6 week. Definitely looking forward to more blue skies then gray.

A Photo, Video, Link or Quote to Share:

She lost 2 teeth in 3 days!


Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kris, I am stopping by from the HMJ linky (which i did not do a post for this week..time got away from me...but did get a psot on my daughters birthday party written so it is what it is! I wish you good luck on the interview; perhaps this second chance is because it was meant to be! let us know how it goes; we are rooting for you! blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete