Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

My First Sweater

I've been wanting to post about this for awhile now, but really hadn't gotten to it.

I'm working on my first knitted sweater!!

Now, I've done plenty of crocheted sweaters. Granted, they have all been small child size and smaller (and the majority were newborn baby size). So in keeping with that, as well as that doing the smallest size i need first will result in less time/supplies lost if I end up really making a mess of the the thing. But, I'm almost nearly 1/2 way done, and it's looking great!!


sweater, before the pouch was fully attached.


sweater after attaching the pouch
(updating with a better picture this afternoon!)


This sweater is going to be for my son, the youngest. The pattern is called The Wonderful Wallaby (ravelry link). Right now I'm actually up to the arm pits and needing to cast on sleeves. I need to run and grab another needle so i can knit those this weekend. I was hoping to be done before school started, but realize for a first sweater that was an ambitious goal for myself. But, I can see myself getting it done before mid-September (when he'll really need to start wearing a sweater).

And then I'll have to cast on for one of my daughters (who are already begging for one of their own!)

2 comments:

  1. Looking great! Fun huh? ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    it's been a blast! the pattern is a bit to figure out (reads more like a story, then a traditional pattern), but it's been great too!

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete