Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where I'm From

This is writing exercise that one of my friends posted on her blog. The template I used was taken from another blog here.

Where I'm From


I am from the family television, the WWF and R/C cars.

I am from the the big white house that was an apartment, the blackberry bushes and walnut trees.

I am from the gladiolas and bleeding hearts, from the backyard flower bed.

I am from big Sunday morning breakfast and Christmas cookie trays, from Barbers, and Hunters, and Millers and Pavicks.

I am from the denial and addiction.

From Do as I say, Not as I do and If they jumped off a bridge, would you too?

I am from Episcopalian, Presbyterian and Agnostic. A do as you will, but don't preach to me mixture of beliefs.

I’m from the Finger Lakes region of New York, from Ireland, Wales, France, England, Germany, Italy and the unknown , of potatoes and cheese.

From the brother fooling us all about being shut in the car truck, but really climb in through seats that fold down to the backseat, and the dad taking us to swim lessons at the company pool every summer, with the every popular min golf course.

I am from photos and items in dusty boxes, scattered among the homes of various family, including my own, of hard drives and memories, more priceless any other possession I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment