Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

WIP Wednesday - Winter hat and a handmade holiday update



So it's been awhile since I've done a WIP Wednesday post. I admit, I really have not crafted since the last posting. It's been a whirlwind of family visits, Doctor appointments for my knee, and most recently, the death of my grandmother (who's funeral is in a few hours). So while yes, it's technically Thursday at the time I post this - I haven't really slept yet, so it's still Wednesday to me :-D

First WIP I have is a new winter hat for my daughter Lizzy (age 7). This is a beautiful acrylic yarn I purchased last fall, when our local walmart was being remolded to a super center, and they placed nearly all their craft dept on clearance (boo!). Since I was working for the remodel at the time, I was lucky enough to be there to see them start marking down the yarn. I was able to get about 15 skeins of yarn at $1 a piece, instead of the $4-$5 a piece they would have been (SCORE!). This yarn is in a color that lion brand no longer makes to sells, so when I started running out, thank goodness for ebay! I have 2 skeins on the way and should be arriving this weekend. After accidentally felting her wool hat I made her 2 years ago, I decided that for now, acrylic yarn is the way to go for her.

she doesn't know yet it's for her


Now, on the Christmas gift crafting.... yeah, I haven't started. But I'm not worried either. Yet. But I have started making a more formalized list:

Lexi:
Juggle sticks (I'm buying these, but they are handmade on Etsy, not a mass produced set)
Mixed music cds (we put our entire cd collection on the computer, so we're looking into make a few mixed cds for her cd player)

Lizzy:
Doll repair (new hair, face, etc)
Pioneer dress with a matching one for her doll
Doll clothing

Andrew:
Super Why! dress-up costume (was going to be for Halloween but... hoping I have enough leftover to make a matching one for his doll)
I-Spy bag
Doll repair (wash, few stitches to fix)
New outfit for doll

for them all (most Liz/Andrew)
more crocheted play food
Crayon Roll (I'm considering this pattern over the one I previously posted)

As it is no surprise to me, Lexi is the hardest one to plan for. I'm really hoping i come up with more gift ideas for a 12 yr old, that are handmade, before much longer.

Do you have any W.I.P.s yourself? Doesn't matter the "craft", come share it in the W.I.P. Wednesday flickr pool! You can also head over to Musings From the Fishbowl for a list of fellow Wipsters ! Hope you have a crafty rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment