Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Planning Monday - July 26th


Ahhh... here we are again. I feel much better about this week's menu then last week. I don't know why... maybe since I'm making a couple of dishes we have not had in awhile. As well as something new, which I was striving to do every week, and have been really lacking in accomplishing lately.

I did not get all my baking done last week, though I did get blueberry zucchini muffins done. I did these last year too, but WOW, I did NOT remember there being 1 cup of oil in the recipe! With all the humidity and that oil, these were really dense and moist. So moist, I put them in the fridge to try and dry out some! But the kids still gobbled them up, though in the future, I will (and highly recommend) replacing 1/2 the oil with applesauce! I also upped the baking soda and baking powder to help them be slightly more cake like, and less bread like (doubled the soda, tripled the powder).

I also made the English Muffins. There are a few things I did differently. First, the dough was WAY too wet to roll on corn meal, so I used flour. After they doubled, but before placing them on the griddle, I had corn meal in a plate that I drudged them on each side, then placed on the hot griddle. But - they are REALLY good. I think next time I'll just skip the corn meal.


Monday: Chicken Fajitas

Tuesday: Taco Turkey Wraps

Wednesday: BLTs

Thursday: Pasta night

Friday: Breakfast for dinner night

Saturday: Pizza Pinwheels

Sunday: Chicken Divine


While I do need to keep in mind making sure I plan lunches, I'm not going to post them anymore, as usually its just whatever we have on hand, not needed for dinner. Sometimes just sandwiches, or leftovers, sometimes it's even cereal.

Remember, you can always jump over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu planning inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of your blog! I'm a new follower. If having a messy house and a million craft ideas and other things in the works makes me a chaotic crafter then I'm with ya! :)
    Found you on MPM
    Amy
    www.thecheapandchoosy.com

    ReplyDelete