Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Menu Planning Monday - July 19th



Here we are again. As much as I do enjoy meal planning, it can become a bit, monotonous. Especially in the summer, with all the kids home. I feel like I am constantly making someone SOMETHING to eat. Let's not forget that with so many "picky" eaters, mostly me, that coming up with something everyone will eat (and not waste food), is a challenge. I HATE wasted food, I rather make everyone a different sandwich then make a great big meal only 1 or 2 (out of 5) will eat.

So - here it is:

Monday: BLTs (we ended up not having these last week, as the hubby was out for his final tux fitting)

Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner (last time i did pancakes, so we'll be going for french toast this time)

Wednesday: Pasta night

Thursday: Hot dogs on the grill, salad, maybe some watermelon too

Friday: Chicken fajitas

Saturday: Pizza night (thinking of trying grilled pizzas - yum!)

Sunday: we'll see where the week takes us!

Breakfast:
toast
eggs
cereal
pancakes

Lunches:
sandwiches (various, from your typical PB&J to grilled cheese, etc..)
mac and cheese

It's suppose to rain either Friday or Saturday, so I'm looking to doing some baking (in the evening, after kids are asleep, so it may survive a day or two).. esp after the HUGE zucchini my mother-in-law sent home with us!

chocolate zucchini muffins
blueberry zucchini muffins (from this bread recipe - works great as muffins)
homemade hot pockets (ham and cheese, and using home made dough)
Breakfast puffs (made ahead w/ the drizzle)
and if I get ambitious, English Muffins

and as always, make sure you hop over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for my menu planning inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment