Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

30 day Blog Journal - Day 4

Day 4, a day late. Forgive the tardiness, as we were quite busy celebrating a certain little someone's 4th birthday! I'll post day 5 later this evening...

But for now, Day 4, Favorite Book.

To be honest, I don't so much have favorite books, as I have favorite authors. So to stray from the normal of my max of 3 choices, today I bring you 4, being that 1 is a cookbook author.


Author: Hermann Hesse

Author: J.K. Rowling


Author: Isa Chandra Moskowitz


Author: Stephenie Meyers

Ok, know I know SOMEONE will question how I can be both a J.K. Rowling an Stephenie Meyers fan. It's easy - cause i don't even see them on the same playing field as far as their writing goes. J.K. is brilliant, of no doubt. But Stephenie's Twilight Saga just had the 1 tiny bit of something I thinks speaks to every young lady (or young lady at heart). Who wouldn't want a rich, handsome man pinning over your forever? It's romance w/o the risk of sex (for the first 3 books anyways), and since i have an 11 1/2 yr old who loves Edward, it's almost required reading for me anyways!

Isa Chandra Moskowitz's cookbooks ARE divine. I am not, at this time, a full practicing vegan, though I have been before my 2 youngest children were born. And I do try to keep a vegetarian, if not vegan, diet as much as I possibly can (cheese, I really need a good vegan cheese. My lactose intolerant self will thank whoever invents this!).

And the first one I posted, Hermann Hesse. For which I will ever be grateful to my High School Senior Yr English Teacher, Dennis Mahoney, for introducing me to...

Come back this evening as i play catch up and post about my favorite quote....

No comments:

Post a Comment