Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

W.I.P Wednesday: The Prayer Shawl




I am sure of one thing, I will be working on this WIP along side other projects as I can.

"Shawls ... made for centuries universal and embracing, symbolic of an inclusive, unconditionally loving, God. They wrap, enfold, comfort, cover, give solace, mother, hug, shelter and beautify. Those who have received these shawls have been uplifted and affirmed, as if given wings to fly above their troubles..."
Written in 1998 by: Janet Bristow 


the elevated portion of my desk - usually 2 feet high in paperwork


At my church, there is a board in one of rooms right off the sanctuary, with a number of clip art pictures of shawls, which I assume is the number of shawls the church is trying to collect. The pattern in an envelope attached to the board called for some yarn I had a ton of, picking it up on deep clearance when our local walmart last year downsized their craft dept when they moved up to a supercenter, enough for 2 shawls.

So, I'm making it a goal of mine to get these shawls done this summer. One More Mile.

If you are so inclined, feel free to people over to Musings From the Fishbowl for links to other WIPsters blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment