Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

30 day Blog Journal - Day 5



Today's post is... my favorite quote.

It's actually a bit of conversation between two characters in one of my favorite books, Harold and Maude. Originally written as a screen play by Colin Higgins, Harold and Maude went on to be adapted into a film, and then into book form (which is why I didn't add it to my favorite books list, it wasn't a book first :P )

The exchange happens in front of a field of daisies (which happens to also be my favorite flower), and my most favorite part of this exchange is the last bit, said by Maude. Hopefully you get the point of she makes, and you can see why I name this as my favorite quote.


Maude: "I should like to change into a sunflower most of all. They're so tall and simple. What flower would you like to be?"

Harold: "I don't know. One of these, maybe."

Maude: "Why do you say that?"

Harold: "Because they are all alike."

Maude: "Oooh, but they're not. Look. See, some are smaller, and some are fatter, some grow left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All kinds of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are this, [she points to a single daisy] yet allow themselves to be treated as that [she gestures to a field of daisies]."


Come back tomorrow as I blog journal some more, and list 20 of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment