Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

30 day Blog Journal - Day 16

So here we are, another day, another post. Almost makes you happy that after today, i only have 13 days left, doesn't it?

So today is a song that makes you cry (or nearly). And my choosing is the Moody Blues song I Know You're Out There Somewhere.



Those who know and are close to me in real life know that my dad died in August 2003. And my dad was a HUGE Moody Blues fan... HUGE I tell you! And while I know it's a continuation of the love song "Your Wildest Dreams", the chorus really spoke to me in my grief and in missing my dearest father.


I know you're out there somewhere
Somewhere, somewhere

I know you're out there somewhere

Somewhere you can hear my voice

I know I'll find you somehow

Somehow, somehow

I know I'll find you somehow

And somehow I'll return again to you



I do think I will see my dad again, I do believe in an after life. Every day I miss him, and i do cry when i hear this song (or really, almost anything Moody Blues, because that was such a "him" thing as was calling him Buddha). I love you dad

my dad holding a newborn me - circa 1978

Dad holding my first born - Nov 30 1998


Come on back tomorrow, where the day's topic is an Art piece.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Moody Blues at CMAC back in 2001 or 2002. Your dad looks SO familiar to me, Kris. Could I know him from somewhere around town?

    ReplyDelete